Deposit Payment Link
A $500 deposit must be received in order to ensure your enrollment in the program. Failure to pay the deposit by the due date will result in cancellation of your application. Field Studies must receive any withdrawal in writing before charges can be taken off your account. Please note that charges for this program do not post immediately to your student account. Payments for Field Studies programs will appear as credit on student accounts until that time. Do not wait for charges to appear before submitting your deposit.
Refund and Cancellation Policy*
- All application fees and deposits are non-refundable.
- Field Studies in SAIL reserves the right to make any changes or alterations to the program including itineraries and fees, in cases of emergency, low enrollment, changed conditions or in the interest of the group. Should the University cancel the Program for whatever reason, full refund of all fees will be made unless the cancellation is due to deteriorating security and safety conditions, including, but not limited to, political unrest, natural disaster, technological failures, or other catastrophes beyond its control. In such cases the university will be able to refund only uncommitted and/or recoverable funds (lodging and/or meals, transportation deposits, airfare, and any other program-related non-recoverable expenses.)
- In cases of insufficient enrollment, students withdrawing their participation prior to an official Field Studies in SAIL cancellation notice will not receive a refund.
- If a participant cancels/withdraws from a program for any reason between payment of the deposit and 45 days prior to the program start date, the participant will be refunded all fees paid minus the deposit and any non-recoverable costs.
- If a participant cancels or withdraws, voluntarily or involuntarily (including dismissal from the program), less than 45 days prior to the program start date or after the start of the program, no refund will be issued.
- All cancellations or withdrawals from a program must be made in writing or you must withdraw your own application in MasonAbroad. The charges on your student account will not be removed unless Field Studies in SAIL is notified of your intent to withdraw regardless of lack of payment or inaction on your application
*This policy applies to all participants including financial aid, scholarships, and/or loan recipients.